Monday, August 7, 2017

Windows 10 Explorer Shell Crash

I had some issues after installing Windows Updates in 1607 for June 2017.  My Explorer shell crashed constantly, and I had to go into Task Manager and restart it 3-4 times per day.

After using Process Monitor and looking at the event log, I was able to narrow it down to Microsoft Office.  I had Office 2016 installed, but also Visio 2013.  I uninstalled Visio 2013, ran a repair install of Office, and upgraded to Visio 2016.  I haven't had a problem with it since.

It looks like Windows Update was trying to upgrade Visio 2013, but the install was either corrupted or conflicting with my Office 2016 install.

No comments:

Ubuntu 22.04 on VMware Workstation Error

 I tried installing Ubuntu 22.04 server on VMware Workstation and got this message: Sorry, there was a problem completing the installation E...