Wednesday, September 14, 2016

dllhost.exe - High CPU Usage

I was getting high CPU usage from dllhost.exe recently.  I noticed it when my laptop's battery started draining unusually quickly.  After trying several things, I logged on as a different user, and the problem went away.  So I backed up my documents and settings, blew away my profile, and logged back in.  Problem solved.

Or so I thought.  After restoring all of my documents, the problem came back.

I discovered it was Windows, trying to index a corrupted video file that was on my desktop.  I deleted the corrupted video file, and my CPU usage returned to normal.

Guide to using GPS with Airodump CSV Tools

There is an Android app included that will capture GPS coordinates from your Android device and save them to a file. Airodump CSV Tools will...