Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Can't Drive 55

It looks like the government is looking at bringing back the 55 MPH speed limit to try and bring down the price of gas.

Didn't they learn their lesson when they tried this before? It didn't work for the same reason prohibition didn't work: nobody did it. I know if they reinstate it, I sure won't. Instead, I'll be buying products (and stock, if they decide to go IPO) from this company.

Besides, wouldn't they conserve even more energy if they lowered the speed limit to 45? Or prohibited the use of air conditioning? I would think high gas prices are exactly what environmentalists would want.

No comments:

Ubuntu 22.04 on VMware Workstation Error

 I tried installing Ubuntu 22.04 server on VMware Workstation and got this message: Sorry, there was a problem completing the installation E...